One evening can launch your global career.
The International Career Dinner Series is a signature, annual event inviting young professionals to engage with Washington's top professionals in their chosen field. The event begins with a networking reception on Capitol Hill followed by topical dinners held in private homes throughout the DC Metro Area. Each dinner features distinguished speakers who will share their stories, answer your questions, and offer advice based on their experiences in the industry.
The networking reception will take place from 5 - 6:30 pm.
Individual dinners will begin at 7:30pm.
Networking Reception, Reception Registration Only
Those who did not register for a dinner can still attend the reception portion of the Young Professionals event! During the reception, young professionals will have an opportunity to network with top professionals of the Washington, DC area. The reception will include a presentation from the keynote speaker and a speech from Ambassador Donald T. Bliss, President of UNA-NCA.
- Chris Whatley, Executive Director, UNA-USA
Read more about the keynote speaker>>
Register for the Reception>>
To register, click on the dinner topic you are interested in. ONE TICKET LEFT! Check below.
When registering, please remember to log on first (right-hand side of the page).
Careers in International Development - SOLD OUT
- Edward Elmendorf, World Bank (retired)
- Alina Zyszkowski, Director, Washington Office Global Development Network
Careers in Peace and Security - SOLD OUT
- Dawn Calabia, Refugees International
- Walter Shearer, Assistant Manager for Latin America, GardaWorld
Women in International Affairs- SOLD OUT
- Cristina M. Finch, Managing Director, Women's Human Rights Program, Amnesty International
- Jessica Reitz, Office of Transition, USAID
- Karen Mulhauser, Chair, Council of Chapters and Regions, United Nations Association of the USA
Careers in International Organizations- SOLD OUT
- William Davis, Director, UNDP Representative Office in Washington
- Elizabeth Latham, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Sultana Ali, Senior Public Relations Manager, Liquidity Services, Inc.
Careers in International and Local Nonprofits- SOLD OUT
- Kim Weichel, CEO, Peace X Peace
- Melissa Wolfe, Director of Governance, United Way Worldwide
Careers in Human Rights- ONE TICKET LEFT!
- Ryan Kaminski, Leo Nevas Human Rights Fellow, United Nations Association of the United States of America
- J.J. Messner, Senior Associate, The Fund for Peace
Event Ticket Prices:
UNA-NCA Member: $35
Combo - Ticket and Membership Package: $55 (a $15 savings!)
Chris Whatley, Executive Director of UNA-USA
Chris Whatley serves as Executive Director of the United Nations Association of the United States (UNA-USA), a program of the United Nations Foundation. He leads UNA's national staff in Washington, DC and New York, and heads up the Association's efforts to increase membership, advocate on behalf of the UN and UN causes, and educate the next generation of UN supporters in the US through UNA's Global Classrooms Model UN program.
Before joining UNF, Chris served as Washington Office Director and Deputy Executive Director of The Council of State Governments (CSG), representing elected officials in all 50 states and the six territories on Capitol Hill, forging ties between American states and their counterparts in Canada and Mexico, and serving as an appointed advisor to the Office of the United States Trade Representative. Prior to joining CSG, Chris served as a program officer and field representative for the International Republican Institute (IRI), leading a wide range of international election observation missions and technical assistance programs in Liberia, Nigeria, South Africa, and Zimbabwe. He began his career as a Research Assistant for the United States Institute of Peace (USIP), studying the demobilization and reintegration of former combatants in Zimbabwe following the Lancaster House Agreement.